Do you want to know how to become a blogger in India? Well, you’re about to take one of the finest decisions of your life!
When I started my blogging career, I was 20 and was pursuing my graduation. Just like you, I too was curious about making money online. As I was possessing some technical skills, I began searching about blogging & how people really do it.
Although I was demotivated by many people saying that genuine money cannot be earned online due to a lot of scams, I still had faith and was confident.
Tip – Never ever listen to people who demotivate you. Have faith, have patience and trust your master. You will then see a prosperous life.
However, I learnt how to become a blogger in India and how people are making money from it allover the world. Their monthly income motivated me to start a blog which can give us financial freedom. After all, why would a person prefer 9-5 job when he can implement his skills on his own online business?
Not everyone starts a blog for money! Few people start it as a passion whereas few start to gain technical knowledge as their project.
Want to Become a Blogger in India? Identify Your Niche First
Niche is nothing but a topic or subject. It’s one of the most crucial step in blogging. I recommend you not to start a blog on a topic that you are not aware of.
People often start a blog by selecting any random niche thinking that they can make tons of money from it. It is definitely possible, only if done in the right way.
Suppose you’ve started a blog on a random niche referring your competitors, got some ideas and published few posts, and kept publishing for few months. What happens when you’re out of ideas? Can you continue posting on the same niche?
Ask yourself these questions before selecting a niche:
- Which topic do you love to talk about?
- Do you have enough knowledge on that topic?
- How can you improvise that topic by adding a certain amount of value to it?
- Can you keep updating that blog with trending topics in India?
If you are certain about answering these questions, you’re ready to become a blogger for that niche.
What I suggest you is, start a blog by selecting a niche that you have knowledge in. This way, you can continue writing articles on the topics that you find interesting. If you want to become a professional blogger in India, then start with something that interests you the most.
A niche blog can be on anything, such as review blog, news blog, technology blog, fashion blog, travel blog or cooking blog. There are many bloggers in India who are making a living with these niche blogs!
Start a Blog for Free – Beginners Guide
You might be wondering how to start a blog for free and make money, isn’t it? You know what? I too started my bogging career with a free blog.
If you are absolutely new to blogging world, doesn’t have any SEO knowledge or technical skills, then I suggest you to start with a free blog. Once you gain some knowledge, you can anytime migrate to self hosting platform.
If you want to become a professional blogger and get paid, follow the below steps to start one.
- Visit Blogger.com
- Click on “Create Your Blog”
- Signup or Sign in using your gmail account
- You will be redirected to a page where you will be asked to enter your “blogger profile display name”. Create any name which is easy to pronounce and someone can remember.
- You will then see your blogger dashboard. Click on “Create New Blog”
- A window will popup where you will be asked to enter your title of your blog and address
- After entering those details, select the theme you like to see on your blog
- Click on “Create blog!”
That’s it! You’re done creating your FREE blog. You can now start creating new posts by clicking on “New Post”.
However, there are some disadvantages of running a free blog as well, and that can ruin your blog as well. Some of them are as follows:
- Your domain name will have the company’s name attached to it. For example, yourdomain.blogspot.com, which is pretty lengthy and doesn’t look good.
- You will have no control over the content you write – If the company finds it violating, they can even delete your blog without any notice.
- Moreover, you cannot install any plugins, like we do on WordPress.
If you’re serious about making money online, then you might consider reading my article on how to start a blog in India with your own domain and hosting.
Start Your Professional Blogging Career at Just $3.95
Create Your First Post & Promote it
Before you create a new post, make sure you do not copy the content from any other sources, such as other websites or books. Google takes duplicate content seriously and may penalize your blog.
Google loves unique and fresh content. Come up with something new! New concept, new design or trending news in India. Be the first to post it on your blog!
Follow the below steps to create your first post.
- Go to your dashboard and click on “New Post”
- You will see the text editor where you can start writing your first post!
- Create an eye-catchy post title which is keen to engagement. Make sure the title is not so short, and not so long
- In the text box, start writing your article. It’s good if you write an article with minimum 500-800 words long along with images
- You may click on “Preview” if you wish to see how your article appears. Click on “Save” if you wish to save your post and continue writing it later
- Once you’re done writing article, you must click on “Publish”
As you have published your first article, it’s time to share it with the world! Let your friends and family know that you own a blog.
In order to start promoting, go to posts section and click on “view” under published post. Copy the URL and share it on social media websites, send in your emails or WhatsApp.
The more you share, the more visitors you get. This will eventually improve the ranking of your blog on Google & other search engines.
Isn’t it easy to start a become a blogger? However, you must have time & patience to become successful online.
How to Start a Blog for Free & Make Money
If you wish to become a professional blogger and get paid, then there are two most popular monetizing programs in India that you can make tons of money.
- Google AdSense
- Amazon Affiliate Program
These two are absolutely FREE to sign up and easy to set up.
If you’re starting an Affiliate Marketing blog, choose a product that you’ve knowledge in, create reviews for that product and insert Amazon affiliate links within the content. Whenever a customer purchases that product through your blog, you get commission from Amazon. Isn’t it amazing?
There are many other programs that you can rely on, but you need to have your own domain name and hosting service.
Google AdSense in one of the most popular monetizing program that works on CPC module. You just need to place the Ads on your blog and when a visitor clicks on it, you make money.
The secret behind making millions from AdSense is publishing quality content on regular basis and driving organic traffic to your blog. The more number of visitors you get from search engines, the more money you will make per month.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a student, employee or retired person, you can always learn how to become a blogger in India. It doesn’t have any age limit, that’s the best advantage of blogging. If you’re a college student, then you have a great chance of start a blogging career. Take the advantage of time you have now, stop thinking much and start it right away! This way, you’re likely to see yourself as a successful blogger before 25.
If you need any kind of technical help to start your blog, feel free to comment or contact me.